Where do I put a curiosity dome? What could I put in it? Does it go with the look in my room?
Sound familiar? I know when I first saw the curiosity domes I initially asked myself these questions. But once our team started to photograph them for the catalog and showcase them in beautiful environments I started to get it. Now, I have found a few different ways to use them, including some of my own little inspirations.
- Show off your collectibles (like we did here with Joe’s watches).
- Storing extra-special trinkets.
- Holding delicate silk scarves and bowties (to reduce creasing!).
- Photo container for tall photographs and photo strips.
- Showcase seasonal decoration (like we did above).
How are some other ways you would use your curiosity domes?
I looooooove gift giving! But, I usually obsess too much over finding the perfect gift and then put off the actual buying of the gifts until last minute. I hope that will not be the case this year (although I haven’t gotten a single thing yet!). Here’s what I’m thinking about getting:
1. For my dad: iTunes gift card 2. Stocking stuffers: Reese’s Trees
3. For my sister: Cascading Pearl Jute Bracelet 4. For my husband: Vetiver Shower Gel
5. For my father-in-law: Humidor 6. For my mom: Natural Linen Hand Towels
7. For my mother-in-law: A Lantern to Light the Way 8. Stocking Stuffers for the ladies: Alpine Colored Scarves
9. For my step mother-in-law: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation moose mug
10. For my step father-in-law: Vintage Tools 11. For my brothers-in-law: GameStop gift card
Every fall, my family and I pack up the car and travel to our friend’s farm. One of my favorite things is Mrs. Lewis’s cranberry dip, and I look forward to the dip as much as the party itself! I love serving it at my own get-togethers, because it’s easy to make ahead and it’s so fun to hear my friends guess at the unexpected ingredients. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
1 12 oz. bag of dried cranberries
1/4 cup cherry preserves
1/3 c chopped green onion
1 bunch chopped cilantro
1/3 c chopped bell pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper or less
1 small can chopped green chilies (I like to add a few chopped jalapenos for an extra kick)
2 teaspoons garlic salt or fresh chopped garlic
Mix and serve with Fritos scoops or pita chips. It’s also delicious served over a mild goat cheese.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Wisteria Vine!